PRESIDENT Mr R Russell
VICE PRESIDENT Mr J Toogood
CHAIRMAN Mr R Whitewood
SECRETARY Mr R Whitewood
VICE CHAIRMAN Mr C Williams
TREASURER Mr M Richardson
SHORE COMPETITIONS SECRETARY Mr A Cassell
WINTER LEAGUE SECRETARY Mr N Cassford
MEMBERSHIP SECRETARY Mr N Cassford
RECORDS OFFICER Mr M Richardson
CUP CUSTODIAN Mr D Sinclair
GENERAL COMMITTEE Mr S Cooke, Mr C Wyatt,
Mr P Howard, Mr M Bennett, Mrs C Bennett Mr S Barnaby, Mr D Stephenson
1. The Club shall be called Western Wight Angling Club, and shall be affiliated to the Angling Trust. It shall be open to anglers of all ages.
2. The Club shall consist of a president, Vice President, Officers, Committee and members.
3. The business of the Club shall be carried out by the General Committee, to be elected at the Annual General Meeting and to consist of a Chairman, Vice chairman, Hon. Secretary, Hon. Treasurer, Shore Competition Secretary, Winter League Secretary, Membership Secretary, Records Officer, Publicity Officer, Cup Custodian and up to fifteen Committee members. The General Committee will have the power to co-opt.
4. Vice Presidents may be elected at the A.G.M. or by the General Committee.
5. All Officers and members of the General Committee shall be elected for a two year period of office. To ensure continuity of Club business the General Committee will be so constituted that half of the members only are elected each year.
6. An officer can hold more than one post.
7. Any Officer or Committee member missing three consecutive meetings without a valid reason is automatically off the Committee.
8. The accounts of the Club shall be audited annually by the Hon. Auditors elected at the A.G.M.
9. The Club shall not be dissolved so long as it consists of at least twenty five paid up members. In the event of membership falling below this number an Extraordinary General Meeting shall be called to decide the future of the Club, but then only if two thirds of the Members agree, shall the Club be dissolved. Should it be decided to dissolve the Club, its assets, after satisfying all liabilities, shall be distributed to the benefit of a charity/charities decided at the E.G.M. The President, Chairman, Hon. Treasurer, and Hon. Secretary shall be responsible for satisfying this action. On completion a suitable notice shall be published in the local press.
10. The date of the A.G.M. shall be fixed by the General Committee.
11. Members having any business to bring forward at the A.G.M. in the form of a resolution must give notice in writing to the Hon. Secretary at least a fortnight before the meeting.
12. A Special General Meeting may be called by request to the Hon. Secretary in writing, signed by at least twenty five percent of the members, but no business shall be transacted at the meeting other than that for which the meeting had been called.
13. The Club year shall run from 1st January to 31st December each year. Annual subscriptions shall be payable from the 1st January each year. The annual rate will be decided by the General Committee.
14. Prospective members shall be nominated by two members of the Club on the appropriate application form, and the annual subscription is to be paid at the time of nomination. After nomination and pending acceptance by the General Committee, any such person shall be deemed a temporary member.
15. Members having any query relating to the organisation of the Club shall submit their problem in writing to the Hon. Secretary. The subject will be dealt with by the General Committee whose decision shall be final.
16. In any matter arising which is not provided for by these rules, or by the Competition Rules, it may be laid before the General Committee who shall have the power to deal with the matter and their decision shall be final.
17. Any member causing damage for which the Club may be held liable, may be required to reimburse the club accordingly.
18. Any member of the Club misconducting themselves or declining to comply with the rules of the Club may be suspended by a two thirds majority of the General Committee